Monday, May 25, 2015

Marion Smith Designs and Petaloo Blog Hop :: Day 01 with Angee Carter

Welcome everyone to the first day of our blog hop with Petaloo.

Today I'm sharing this layout I made recently about my little pup Teddy. My DAD is a big dog fan and he absolutely fell in love with Teddy-Boo. Since the theme of our blog hop is Dad's and Grad's I decided to make this layout for my dad's office. He has quite the collection of my handmade goodies in his office now.



Teddy is a liver pepper schnauzer and I got him from the breeder when he was 9 weeks old. He was the tiniest ball of brown fur in the beginning (and super hard to photograph hence the blurry picture) then slowly his fur changed to a chocolate milk color. You can kind of see the change happening in this picture. Teddy isn't so little anymore. He's actually almost 8 now but I found a few pictures of him from when he was a pup and I just had to make a layout (or a few...How many dog layouts are too many??)



I use this negative cut out on the layout from an alpha set. This left over has been in my stash for years....YEARS. I added a bit of ombre' paper in the background. The outline of the "i" and "u" and little pink heart were last minute touches. I think it added the perfect finishing touch. 


These have to be my favorite flowers from Petaloo. They have so much texture, color, dimension, and nooks and crannys. They added the perfect softness to the layout and remind me of Teddy's fur. 


A few additional details. 



Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

Make sure to stop by Petaloo's blog for more inspiration and creativity and check back daily for the rest of the hop. 


Supplies: 
Patterned Papers - Marion Smith Posh Collection
Kraft papers - Old Paper Studio paper pad from Michaels
Flowers - Petaloo
Embellishments - Target Dollar Spot, Studio Calico PL Kits


15 comments:

  1. What a delightful page you created! So balanced! Cute pup too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy-boo is adorable!! LOVE the layout! The different layers of printed papers is so pretty and I love ow you did the I (heart) U! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for any dad, especially those that like dogs - the
    patterned papers and Petaloo flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you picked out the sentiment in the alphabet.
    Puppy is darling.
    Dad will be thrilled with his card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW finally I managed to get inhere with some help from a friend.
    Oh my this is sooo cute. I love the pup on it and the whole idea is sooo great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever using the negative spaces!! Worked perfectly with the lineup of the letters too!! Such a terrific and clever layout to keep everything in balance AND beautifully done! You rocked Angee! (never enough puppy layouts either!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinned your beautiful layout, Angee: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/118641771410844613/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! I can imagine what your dad's office looks like! Love the negative space idea love the puppy more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the torn paper at the top! This is such a sweet layout. Love the flowers too. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Just love all the layering and the flowers toO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layout and the use of the negative die cut. The layers are so fun and the flowers gorgeous. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable! Love the use of the alpha negative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout is adorable. Love the design and I am sure you Dad will be proud to hang this in his office.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This layout is so sweet
    and lovely! Cute pup!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete